Crowns and Bridges
A dental crown is similar to a cover that is placed over a damaged or injured tooth. Crowns restore your tooth's shape, size and strength. They are also used to defend your teeth from injury.
Dental crowns are used when:
- A decayed, cracked, or broken tooth needs to be restored and protected
- A tooth with a large filling or a root canal treatment needs support
- To cover a dental implant
- To hold a bridge or other dental device in place
- To improve your smile by covering a discolored or misshapen tooth
Porcelain crowns cover the entire tooth surface, restoring it to its original shape and size. They are used for cosmetic purposes such as capping your teeth. Porcelain crowns match the shape, size, and color of your teeth resulting in a natural, and beautiful smile. They will last for years and are durable.
Dental bridges can be a great option for missing teeth. The bridge fills the gap created by one or more missing teeth and is made of two or more crowns on the teeth (which can be natural or implants) on either side of the gap. These teeth on either side on called abutment teeth and will have a false tooth in between them.
- Restore your smile
- Restore your ability to chew and speak properly
- Maintain the face shape
- Prevent remaining teeth from moving
At Pacific Dental Group, both facilities offer Porcelain Crowns and Porcelain Bridgework for our patients.