TMJ, or "temporomandibular joint" is a joint located on the left and right side of your jawbone. They are the "ball and socket" joints of your jaw, that depends on them being properly aligned to work smoothly. When the temporomandibular joints are dislocated or misaligned, you may be experiencing TMJ Disorder.
Some signs of TMJ Disorder:
- Noticing or hearing a clicking sound when you open or close your mouth.
- When you open your mouth, you experience some pain.
- You have some trouble opening your mouth wide.
- You grind and clench your teeth.
- You experience pain in the face and facial muscles.
- You have ringing in the ear or a condition called “tinnitus.”
- You wake up tired, or with a headache, or an earache.
At our North Hollywood and Monterey Park facilities, we are experienced in treating patients with TMJ Disorder. Your first course of action would be to schedule a complete oral exam. The doctor will discuss your medical history and take some digital x-rays of your mouth. It's important to mention there is no simple remedy for TMJ Disorder, and no single reason why some patients have it, so the treatment for TMJ has to be on a case-by-case basis. Our goal is to realign your jaw, reduce your pain, restore your bite and heal your jaw.
Think you may have TMJ Disorder? Call our Pacific Dental Group office at North Hollywood (818) 617-2001 or our office located in Monterey Park at (323) 618-1332 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.